Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Blinku Micro Monsters

How many of you have heard of Blinku Micro Monsters? I guess these are the cool things for kids. Both my 4 year old and 8 year old love these things and collecting them. The good news is that they are at the Dollar Tree. They come in a package of 3 with 3 stickers. So cute!
So teacher mode kicks in and I tell the kids I'll make them a game to play with them. So here is what I came up with. I took a file folder and attached the stickers that came with each guy, to make the spaces, then added some starbursts and now to play.


Heres: how to play, we had a few of the same guys, so the kids choose who they want to be and place their monster on start. Then they roll a die and move that many spaces. When they land on a monster sticker they have to find which one it is from the pile and they get to keep it. Hint: they dont look the same as the stickers, but there is a number on the sticker that matches the monster key at the top to find what he looks like. They keep rolling and playing till someone ends up with all the monsters or they have had enough :)  I put a switch seats, and "Micro Day- Free Monster" starburst. Adds a little fun to it.


In addition, the back of the stickers has some really cool facts about the monster. My 8 year old loves reading these. I might have to make them into a little book.


Any ideas of what else to do with these fun guys? Have you seen these before?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicole

Steeleteaching.blogspot.com