Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vacation with a Freebie

Sorry for the MIA these last few weeks. This is the part I love about being a teacher... summer break. I dont get the full quality family time or "me" time during the school year, most of you know what I mean, so I make up for it on summer break. Anyways, we went to Florida and stayed with my mom (outside Orlando), then to Magic Kingdom, left for Panama City Beach for a few days and arrived back in Tennessee yesterday. What a great 10 days!!!

my kids on the beach

I dont know about anyone else, but we are already starting our Professional Development days next week. Geez, can you believe it! Anyways, I am excited to see all my teacher friends, but once these days start, its hard to turn my brain off from teacher mode. Sure glad I already read one book this summer. I wanted to see The Lucky One, but had to read the book first. I should have done it the other way, definitely would have enjoyed the movie more if I didnt compare it to the book the whole time. Books are always better!

On that note.....one of my favorite books to teach with is I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont and Illustrated by David Catrow. I love the pictures and the rhyming of this book is amazing that the students want to read it over and over. Great for predications.

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))


 
Here is your freebie since it has been SOOOOOO long since my last post. Students can draw/ paint their favorite part of the story or they can create a painted self portrait.


I love this idea I found on Pinterest
Pinned Image

Stay tuned for more to come this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicole

Steeleteaching.blogspot.com