Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

End of the Year Clean Up

Yesterday was my last day with my students and boy were they full of energy. Every year we use shaving cream to get the desks clean and have a little fun. First we put down shaving cream, then we wipe it clean with a paper towel and last use a clorox wipe to get the film off.



It gets a little crazy and messy, but if you can handle the messy part- definitely worth it. Students that are in fifth grade were asking their teachers if they can do it too.

I really wish I were one of those people who could delegate jobs to have the students help out more. I think some OCD kicks in and I want things a certain way... UGH! I hope I get better with this. What kind of things do you do with your students to have the help with end of the year cleaning?



1 comment:

  1. Everything!! They put toys/math counters/manipulatives in the water table, and I add dish soap so they can scrub away. I show them how to lay them out the dry and all I have to do is box them up at the end of the year!

    Washing tables, and cleaning everything at the art center, clorox wiping chairs, and more! They really don't mind!

    Your K's will love shaving cream for lots of stuff---name writing, letter/number writing, shape drawing, sight words, and more! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Nicole

Steeleteaching.blogspot.com