Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Kindergarten SAT 10


OMG!!! How many of you have to take the SAT 10 (Standford Achievement Test) in Kindergarten? This is our first year and I'm kinda extremely freaking out. I just hope I have prepared my kiddos for everything.


We were given practice books and an outline of what to expect. However, I would still love some more ideas on how to prepare 5 & 6 year olds for a test like this. 

I did find this site on Lee County Schools that gave a great break down of Skills for Sat 10.

I also liked Greg Smedley's Test practice page. Click below for his blog link.
 
If you know of any resources, please send them my way :)
 
 

6 comments:

  1. We are taking the SAT 10 this year for the first time too...but we didn't get practice tests or an outline of what to expect! Our practice tests are on backorder, and won't be in until AFTER the test!?!?!? I am searching EVERYWHERE for info., samples, etc....

    I am freaking out with you! LOL

    :-) Beth
    mrsbeth@dtccom.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oops!

      Beth-
      After I freaked out and felt completely overwhelmed, I was glad I atleast had the practice books. I have been working on a SAT 10 Prep packet and hope to finish it this weekend. Maybe it will be of help to you. I cant imagine our practice books being on backorder and having nothing to go by :(

      Delete
    3. I will be looking for your test prep pack! We have one more week to go before the test, so it would be awesome to at least have SOMETHING to work with!

      :-) Beth
      mrsbeth@dtccom.net

      Delete
  2. Can you tell me what practice books you have? We are looking to order some. Thanks so much!!
    jmesser@mail.lced.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not doing SAT 10 this year, but as far as last year, the only prep books we had came from the SAT 10. All we had was the prep book and a parent book to send home with the kids. I believe they came from here: http://www.pearsonassessments.com/learningassessments/products/100000415/stanford-achievement-test-series-tenth-edition.html
      I hope that helps.

      Delete

Nicole

Steeleteaching.blogspot.com