Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

story activities

I just finished our Scott Foresman Reading Series and have 2.5 weeks left of school. Does this happen to anyone else? What do you usually do? Every year we do an Eric Carle week, which includes read alouds and activities to go along with the books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Grouchy Ladybug, The Very Busy Spider, A House for Hermit Crab, and The Very Lonely Firefly. 

However, to start off my week, I am going to read the story Lunch by Denise Fleming. I have a ton of great activities to do with this story and it is always a great hit. I try to put things into my stations for that day that go along with the book. I will post pictures later on in the week.

On a different note, we took our Orchard Tests (which are language and math on the computer to see what the students know) This is done 3 times a year. I was happy to see that all my students had improved since the beginning of the year, but not as much as I was hoping. The questions on Orchard are a little tricky so I dont base too much on that test, however it sure does make me PANIC. So to make a long story short, I have looked at all the questions that were missed and devised a plan to review those skills for the last few weeks. You can click here to get the whole pack. Click below for a few freebies.



Hope your having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicole

Steeleteaching.blogspot.com