Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Break! and the last of Dr. Seuss

Woo Hoo! I am on Spring Break!... Sorry for the bragging, but after the crazy week I had, I am ready for a little relaxation. Ya, right. Like that will really happen. I hope to create some exciting things for my classroom while I am off so check back.

I did it again... forgot to take pictures of all the stuff we did this week. I think I need to attach a camera to me some how. Any recommendations? lol

I have a love/hate for fun short weeks. LOVE how we get to do the fun stuff that I don't have time for in our reading series, but HATE how wound up my kids get when we do get that chance. These are some of the things we got into.

We made Cat in the Hat Magic Dough from http://kinderwife.blogspot.com/
A little messy but they LOVED it!

We also made Thing 1 Thing 2 craft... sorry for the work in progress picture. Check out the final result here http://crazymommy.weblogs.us/tag/dr-seuss-craft/


We did a Dr. Seuss Compound Word hunt. I cant find where I got the cards from, so if they are yours please let me know so I can link you up. I took the compound word pictures, numbered them and then attached them to the board. The students numbered their paper and had to find the match and write the word that was below the picture on their paper. They LOVED this... I stopped them for snack and they asked if they could finish when they were done eating.


For math, we got in a little goldfish sort, tally, graphing from The Teaching Garden 

I try each week to let my kiddos make their own snack... so this week we made Cat in the Hat with oreo, red gummy savers and frosting.
Dr. Seuss treat
This picture is from pinterest

We also made Truffla Trees with braided pretzels, marshmallows, and sugar sprinkles. Yummy!
Don't forget the Seuss Juice from Cara Carroll in The First Grade Parade. We loved writing about our seuss juice and the five senses page she has. Go check it out, she does amazing work!





Slide1 
Slide1


I love when I hear "Mrs. Steele, your the best teacher! This is the best day EVER!" So Thank you all for the hard work of putting together fun materials that allow me to be the BEST TEACHER EVER!  lol.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post and I do think you are one of the BEST teachers ever. You blog proves that! =)

    I am so happy to have found you. I am your newest follower. I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh!!! Thank you Heather for the sincere comment. That just made my day... well actually week! Its been a tough one, I needed that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Nicole

Steeleteaching.blogspot.com