Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The day has finally come...

I'm estatic today that after 103 days of school, my kiddos finally learned how to work on their own and QUIETLY. Oh, how I missed those days! I only heard my name maybe 50 times instead of 100, small group was only interrupted a handful of times, and the tattling was ALMOST obsolete. What a great day!

It may have had something to do with the new behavior system I started in my room. I have used play money for the last few years, but it didnt seem to work for this group. so, I went back to the card system, changing colors, which I was not for. That seemed to stir the behavior. Finally I went to the clip chart, where they move their clip up or down based on behavior. I used one from Over the MoonBow, check it out here behavior clip chart. I added a little bit of incentives to the colors... if they stay on green they earn a treat from the treasure box (something little- hershey kiss, pencil, eraser, etc..) if they move up to blue they get a treat and a sticker, move up to pink a treat and a color page, and up to purple a treat and extra computer time. On the flip side they lost 5, 10, or 20 minutes of recess. (I believe they still need time to play- they are 6 and 7 years old).  They worked so hard for me to catch them being good and they were fabulous when they went to specials. What a little treat or sticker will do! I am just thrilled to have a great day of teaching!

I would love to hear what behavior system you are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicole

Steeleteaching.blogspot.com